UPDATE 22 Feb – CRUISE 99% SOLD OUT – book now while there are still a few places left
An exciting new cruise featuring:
- a completely different kind of itinerary – to Papua and New Guinea and and its islands, one of the emerging and exciting new cruise destinations.
- a 10 night cruise providing a balanced schedule:
- 4 days at sea – lots of time for our usual wide ranging conference
- 5 days in ports and/or around islands – great sightseeing and fascinating shore excursions
- some of the best conference facilities of any ship we have seen – we will have two of the Pacific Aria‘s three conference rooms available for our exclusive use for the entire cruise
- a conference program headed by Dr Tom Lewis, one of Australia’s foremost Pacific war historians and authors, supported by other recognised experts. The program will have around 40 talks, mostly in a single stream
- a special WWII Pacific War stream. 2017 will be the 75th anniversary of the Pacific war coming to both Australia and New Guinea. 1942 was the year:
- the Japanese attacked the Australian mainland (including Darwin and Broome by air and Sydney by submarines).
- the Japanese attacked New Guinea including Rabaul and Milne Bay (places visited by this cruise) and the Kokoda Trail.
- of Battle of the Coral Sea, the first time the Japanese were checked in their relentless southward advance.
Date: 28 July–7 August 2017
Duration: 10 nights
Ship: Pacific Aria
- conference AU$450 (non-genealogy companion sharing a cabin ($250)
- cruise – at the rate of the day – click here for current guide to rates
CLICK HERE for prices and bookings
- Up to $660 in cruise bonuses and loyalty rewards. Click here for details.
- Entry into the draw for over $1000 worth of prizes on the cruise.