4th cruise home – program – presenters – the ship – itinerary – pricing/booking – newsletters
In a bit over 4 months our 4th cruise will be underway!
Numbers have now passed 210. There are still cabins available, but there are very few of the lowest category/priced cabins left. If you have inquired but not yet booked, you would be very wise to book soon. Our allocation may sell out completely within the next few weeks. If you are wanting to share a cabin to help with costs please contact email Natalya at Clean Cruising. We currently have one person (female) booked, but wanting a share partner (L category cabin)
Since our last newsletter we updated the program – click here for the update and download link. There will be some further updates, but mainly extra workshops etc added. We have been given access to an extra 60 seat theatre on most mornings, which gives us a bit more flexibility. Amongst other things we will be adding a scrapbooking workshop.
Unlock the Past Cruise partners
We are pleased to advise that the 14th Australasian Congress on Genealogy and Heraldry is now a cruise partner. We have also had discussions with a couple of other potential partners from England recently. All our partners will help promote our cruises. In return they get good publicity. Many run special offers and donate prizes on the cruise. Click here
to see the current partners.
1000s of $$$ worth of prizes
There will several thousand dollars worth of prizes on offer to those who book for the 4th cruise. These will be drawn on the last night of the cruise. The big one will be a FREE CRUISE – a subsequent Unlock the Past cruise. But we expect many more prizes to be offered by our partners. Click here for more information.
Cruise speaker interviews
As noted last newsletter Alona (Gould Genealogy) has commenced a series of profiles of our cruise presenters. Learn all about them – a different view from the the biographies on the cruise site. Even if you know the speakers generally, you will find out lots of previously ‘hidden’ information here. Click here to see the full list of those already added and – check again later for more still to come.
Follow us on Facebook for more cruise discussion and notices.
Future cruises update
I know one cruise is enough for many of you to think about, but for those interested in planning ahead here is the latest status of planned cruises through to early 2016.
- British Isles discovery cruise (5th UTP cruise) – 10 nights 19-29 July 2014 on Marco Polo. We now have a web page for this and expect to open for bookings within a week or two. The ship has a total capacity of 800 people and 400 have already booked (not our group), Further we have only a limited number of cabins held for our group for a fairly short time. If you are interested it will be best to plan and book as early as you can
- Eastern Australia cruise (6th UTP cruise) – late 2014. Based on survey results from seven possible itineraries Brisbane-Barrier Reef-Brisbane was the over-whelming favourite out of the suggested options. We are now checking out suitable cruises to choose from. It is likely this will be a seven day cruise somewhere between September and November 2014. It will be more a destination focused cruise, but will probably have two days at sea, allowing for a useful conference as well. But until we find a suitable cruise with adequate meeting room access this is still a tentative cruise only
- Southern Western Australia cruise (7th UTP cruise) 5 nights – 19-24 January 2015 from Fremantle, WA on the Astor. We now have a web page for this and expect to open for bookings within a week or two
- Baltic cruise – from England or Europe (8th UTP cruise) – 12-14 nights mid 2015 (June, July or August). Visiting northern Europe, and Scandinavia. A possible itinerary could include Southampton, England, Oslo, Norway, Copenhagen, Denmark, Tallinn, St Petersburg (2 days), Helsinki, Finland and Zeebrugge (Brussels). This cruise will have an international team of presenters and an international program 60-80 topics with special focus on the British Isles, Europe and Scandinavia. Prices expected to start from about AU/US$2500 twin share. Click here for more information.
- Transatlantic relocation cruise UK/Europe to the US (9th UTP cruise) 12-14 nights late 2015. A major conference cruise (lots of extra sea days). Prices expected to start from about AU/US$1000-$1500 twin share. This cruise is very likely, but still to be confirmed
- Australian-New Zealand cruise (10th UTP cruise) 12-14 days early 2016. A major conference cruise. Prices expected to start from about AU$2000 twin share. This cruise is very likely, but still to be confirmed
Alan Phillips and the Unlock the Past team