Welcome to our second cruise 4 newsletter, with updates since our last newsletter.
Two good news announcements
- We have been able secure an extra 15 inside cabins (at the original price) and 20 extra balcony cabins – at a slightly lower price than before
- There have been significant price reductions in two balcony categories – click here for the latest information
Bookings continue at a good rate – and now total 133. There have also been a number of new inquirers. As noted in our first newsletter those of you still considering the 4th cruise should consider booking soon – for several reasons:
- 6 of the 11 cabin categories from our cabin allocation had been booked out. Now back to 4 categories sold out after the extra cabin allocations
- At least one cabin category (E2) is totally booked out on the ship (not just our group allocation). It looks like the ship itself may book out much earlier than any of our previous 3 cruises have
- we may have to cap numbers this year due to allocation of one conference room less than we had on the 3rd cruise – we have put in a special request for the extra conference room, but have yet to receive a response
We are delighted to announce four exciting new speakers to our cruise team since our first newsletter – all offering something different and interesting:
- Anne Daniels (England) who runs a business called Drawing On The Past – creating unique works of art based on people’s genealogy. This will be a first for an Unlock the Past cruise – a resident cruise artist on board, offering “totally unique artwork using photographs of your ancestors.” Anne will be available for specially priced commissions for those on our cruise. More information on this nearer the cruise
- Julie Goucher (England) who will speak on One Place studies and can advise you on Italian research
- Jane Taubman (England) who is the foremost expert anywhere on the genealogy program Family Historian. Simon Orde, developer of the program, says “Jane knows absolutely everything about it”. It is remarkable program – if you don’t know it be sure to attend Jane’s introductory presentation. But be warned, you may then want to sit in on more
- Tiggy Johnson (Queensland) A writer and poet who has discovered genealogy. Tiggy will tell us about different ways of presenting your family history
Visit the cruise presenters page for more information or the Gould Genealogy & History News blog Alona has done with more information again on some of the speakers.
The program finalisation has been delayed a bit, but we hope to have it up in the next few weeks
Future cruises – new web site coming very soon
More choices – more cruises, more itineraries, more price levels, more varied programs
Cruise Facebook page
Stay up to date with the latest developments and interact with others – follow us on our Cruise Facebook page and hit the LIKE button.
Alan Phillips and the Unlock the Past team