The program offers:
- 100 topics in up to three streams – lots of choice
- 50 different sessions – choose those that suit you
- 11 Research Help Zone sessions for:
- one on one or small group sessions with an expert
- special interest groups (some will be be listed in advance others can be added on the cruise)
- a few special interest topics
- possibly some historical/genealogical shore tour options – see below
A wonderful opportunity to network and interact with all cruisers – genealogically and socially.
Program updated 28 January 2014
Special interest groups - based on research interests from a pre-cruise survey nearer the cruise, e.g. Kent, Italy, handwriting. These will be worked into the program later. But we are open to offers from any who wish to convene a discussion group on a topic of interest.
The Research Help Zone is for many the most valuable part of the program. To find out more click here to see Helen Smith’s blog about Research Help Zones and advice on how to prepare (it is the same at sea as it is at an Expo).
Genealogy shore activities and things to do - go to itinerary page for more on this
Blogs, newsletters, etc. – if you expect to blog or otherwise report on the cruise (before, during or after) please let us know so we can add you to the list below. Here are those we know of.
- British GENES - Chris Paton
- Campaspe Genealogy (Campaspe Library) – Victoria Green
- Exploring Family – Maureen Trotter
- Family history across the seas - Pauleen Cass
- FamilyHistory4u - Sharn White
- GeneaBloggers - Thomas MacEntee
- Genies down under - Maria Northcote
- Geniaus - Jill Ball
- Helen Smith
- Jax Trax - Jackie van Bergen
- Lonetester HQ - Alona Tester
- Picture This Scrapbooking - Maggie Clarke
- Shauna Hicks
- writing, editing & publishing family stories – Noeline Kyle