- 13 Aug 2014 – program updated – click here for the update
- 6 May 2014 – book this cruise and be in the draw to win a future Unlock the Past cruise up to AU$2500 value – or one of 12 additional prizes – AU$6000 in prizes in all
- book the Norfolk Island conference in addition to the cruise and save $100 on the conference fee
A 3 night cruise out of Sydney as a prelude to an optional Norfolk Island tour after.
Take a break on board the Celebrity Solstice experiencing 3 exciting nights aboard the Sydney Sampler Cruise. With strong interest in a Norfolk Island tour we have coupled this with an optional 5 day tour to Norfolk Island starting the day after the end of the cruise.
The 4.5 star Celebrity Solstice is rated by many as one of the finest ships operating in Australia by any of the major cruise lines. If you are new to cruising this short 3 night cruise is an ideal way to try out cruising – at a lower cost than most of our other cruises. Do the cruise on its own or bundle it with the 5 day Norfolk Island tour. Or do the Norfolk Island tour only.
Date: Thursday 23 October to Sunday 26 October 2014
Ship: Celebrity Solstice (Celebrity Cruises)
- from $919 twin share – bookings by 31 May 2014
- from $969 twin share – bookings from 1 June 2014
CLICK HERE to book now or register your interest with Clean Cruising, our booking agent
- to encourage early bookings we are offering a $50 discount off any fare price for bookings by 31 May 2014
- due to high early demand on this cruise generally we have only been given 6o cabins in all for our group – 50 inside cabins and only 10 outside
- it is possible to book in any other available cabin category on the ship. This will entitle you to most of the conference group benefits - access to all sessions, help from experts, special cruise offers from our partners, several thousand $$ worth of prizes etc. But the price will be based on the rate of the day plus gratuities and a conference fee. Dining in the evening with our conference group in the main dining room cannot be guaranteed
As with all our cruises, this is a closed group – only open to those who book within our group allocation and those who book outside our allocation with Clean Cruising, our cruise travel agent.
- conference themes
- a special convict stream
- a series of Family Tree Maker workshops
- Eastern states research topics by leading experts (Qld, NSW, Vic)
- plus general genealogy and history topics
- choose up to 15 or more sessions from approximately 25 different topics overall
- special interest groups
- Research Help Zone times (one on one or small groups with experts)
- build your own program between
- the Unlock the Past conference program
- special interest groups and help from experts
- networking with others with the same interest
- the Solstice‘s own entertainment program
- relaxing in a lounge or by (or in) the pool
- trying out any of the Solstice’s 10 dining venues
Optional add conference on Norfolk Island
A genealogy/history conference on Norfolk Island in October 2014 with Shauna Hicks, Australia’s most sought-after genealogy/history presenter and Cathy Dunn, one of the leading 1st Settlement Norfolk Island historians and overall early colonial convict specialist.
This conference is planned as a tie in with this 6th Unlock the Past cruise—but may be done on its own independently of the cruise.
When: 29-31 October 2014
The conference is now open for bookings. Click here for full details and an booking form.