Originally from Northern Ireland, Chris Paton is a Scottish based professional genealogist, running the Scotland’s Greatest Story ancestral research service (www.ScotlandsGreatestStory.
A holder of a Postgraduate Diploma in Genealogical Studies, Chris has tutored for the University of Strathclyde’s postgraduate genealogical studies programme (www.strath.ac.uk/genealogy), and teaches online Scottish genealogy courses through Pharos Teaching and Tutoring Ltd (www.pharostutors.com). He has lectured across Britain, Canada and Australia, and currently serves as a member of the Public Record Office of Northern Ireland user forum and a director of the Scottish Archive Network.
Unlock the Past Cruises – 2nd, 4th & 8th
Chris was also the featured presenter at the Unlock the Past Sydney expo on October 2010. Here is a video interview with Chris at the expo.
- Discover Scottish church records
- Discover Scottish land records
- Irish family history resources online
- Researching Scottish family history
- The Mount Stewart murder: a re-examination of the UK’s oldest unsolved murder case
- Tracing your family history on the internet
- Tracing your Irish family history on the internet: a guide for family historians
- British and Irish newspapers
- British censuses and substitutes
- British civilian POWs in the First World War
- Civil registration in the British Isles
- Down and out in Scotland
- Irish land records
- Irish records online
- My ancestor was a weaver
- Scottish inheritance records
- Scottish marriage: instantly buckled for life
- The Godly Commonwealth: discover Scottish church records
- The Mount Stewart murder