20 reasons to join an Unlock the Past history & genealogy cruise
- Sail away on a cruise holiday from as little as $150 a day
- Attend a great conference with twice the number of presentations and choice of topics as major interstate or overseas conferences for the same price or less
- Save. The cost of the cruise includes your accommodation, meals, onboard entertainment and attendance at all Unlock the Past conference presentations. Enjoy peace of mind knowing that you have paid for the cruise before you go, so there are no unpleasant surprises.
- Benefit from the loyalty discount if you are a repeat Unlock the Past cruiser
- Meet and mix with other like-minded genealogy people
- Make new friends and expand your genealogy network
- Talk with nationally and internationally known genealogy experts
- Learn. The conference is perfect for beginners and experts – everyone will learn something on an Unlock the Past cruise
- Select from a huge range of topics on offer – topics catering for everyone’s interests and research experience
- Participate in special interest groups and discussion opportunities throughout the cruise
- Make the most of the wealth of knowledge available among the presenters and fellow attendees.
- See demonstrations of the Flip-Pal Mobile scanner, genealogy software, online data sites and mobile devices
- Bring along your ‘brickwall’ list and ask the experts in the Research Help Zone to help demolish your brick wall problems
- Choose how many and which of the daily sessions to attend – there are meetings every day (except when in port)
- Purchase Unlock the Past guide books at a discount rate, as well as products from others
- Enjoy being pampered by the cruise staff
- Unpack your bags once and you are done for the rest of your holiday. No packing, unpacking and ‘living out of a suitcase’
- Have fun. If you are feeling energetic have a go at the many activities on offer … or just get pampered in the day spa or chill out at the movies (options vary between ships)
- Discover hidden spots on the ship – theme pubs, the library, the show lounge and relax in the evening or when taking a break from the genie sessions. Non-genie partners, family members or friends have a wide range of onboard activities to keep them happily entertained while you are immersed in learning more about family history.
- Experience the ship – its specialty shops, bars, cafes and entertainment – and the conference, and take home memories and many new ideas on how to further your family research