More cruises and more variety – cruises to suit different preferences and budgets:
- from two to four cruise a year
- different itineraries
- choice of cruises to suit different budgets
- different cruise durations
- different focus themes for some—e.g. military, convict, migration, Ireland etc
- varied balance between conference and destination focus
- choice of time of the year
- choice of cruise frequency
Cruises confirmed or provisionally scheduled
- Southern Australia cruise (now in final stages of booking) – 9 nights 4-13 February 2014
4th Unlock the Past cruise
Ship: Voyager of the Seas (Royal Caribbean International)
A southern Australian ports cruise out of Sydney visiting Melbourne, Adelaide and Hobart. A varied program is planned with leading presenters from five countries – around 100 topics in all in 50 session time slots, some as parallel electives from 24 presenters from England, Scotland, the US, Australia and New Zealand
- British Isles discovery cruise (now open for bookings) – 10 nights 19-29 July 2014
5th Unlock the Past cruise
Ship: Marco Polo (Cruise & Maritime Voyages)
Itinerary: Depart London, Invergordon (Scotland), Kirkwall (Orkney Islands), Stornoway (Outer Hebrides), Tobermory (Isle of Mull), Dublin (Ireland), St Mary’s (Isles of Scilly), St Peter Port (Guernsey), Honfleur (France). Arrive London.
This cruise is expected to book out very quickly, possibly before Christmas 2013. Although this cruise mainly focuses on places visited in England, Scotland and Ireland, there will still be a great program during the one day at sea and most evenings – around 35-40 topics in all in 20-25 session time slots, some as parallel electives from at least nine presenters from England, Scotland, the US and Australia
- Eastern Australian cruise (to be finalised) – between Sep and Nov 2014
6th Unlock the Past cruise
This cruise has yet to be finalised. We are negotiating for a seven day cruise to the Barrier Reef, probably out of Brisbane. If confirmed it is likely to be between September and November 2014, with prices expected to start from about AU$1300-$1600 twin share, depending on cruise chosen. If this itinerary is not confirmed with the cruise line a completely different itinerary will be considered.
- Southern Western Australia cruise (now open for bookings) - 5 nights 19-24 January 2015
Ship: Astor (Cruise & Maritime Voyages)
7th Unlock the Past cruise
Itinerary: Depart Fremantle, Esperance, Albany. Return Fremantle
This cruise coincides with Albany’s Anzac Centenary: Albany was the gathering point for the convoys carrying the Australian Imperial Force (AIF) and New Zealand Expeditionary Force (later to be known collectively as the ANZACs), that departed from Albany in November and December 1914. This cruise program is expected to have some tie in with this occasion—as part of a wider general interest program.
- Baltic cruise – from England or Europe (to be finalised) -12-14 nights mid 2015
(June, July or August),
8th Unlock the Past cruise
Visiting northern Europe, and Scandinavia. A possible itinerary could include Southampton, England, Oslo, Norway, Copenhagen, Denmark, Tallinn, St Petersburg (2 days), Helsinki, Finland and Zeebrugge (Brussels).
This cruise will have an international team of presenters and an international program 60-80 topics with special focus on the British Isles, Europe and Scandinavia. Prices expected to start from about AU/US$2500 twin share. Click here for more information.
With the very strong interest in the Baltic cruise we are considering offering two different Baltic cruises, with choice of time, slightly different itineraries, ships and presenter teams. If so possibilities based on 2014 schedules (if repeated in 2015) may be:
- mid June 2015 – prices starting from about AU/US$2200
- late August 2015 – prices starting from about AU/US$2600
- Transatlantic relocation cruise UK/Europe to the US (to be finalised) 12-14 nights late 2015
9th Unlock the Past cruise
A major conference cruise (lots of extra sea days). Prices expected to start from about AU/US$1000-$1500 twin share.
- Australian-New Zealand cruise (to be finalised) 12-14 days early 2016
10th Unlock the Past cruise
A major conference cruise. Prices expected to start from about AU$2000 twin share.
Beyond that? Tell us what you would like to see offered – with our future cruises survey.