Note: special group discount air fare rates from Sydney end 28 July
click here to book
A genealogy/history conference on Norfolk Island in October 2014 – with Shauna Hicks, Australia’s most sought-after genealogy/history presenter and Cathy Dunn, one of the leading 1st Settlement Norfolk Island historians and overall early colonial convict specialist. . This is planned as a tie in with the 6th Unlock the Past cruise – three nights 23-26 October 2014 – but may be done on its own independently of the cruise.
Note: this was originally announced as a five-day to Monday to Friday 27- 31 October 2014 tour. It can still be that for those travelling from/to Sydney. To allow greater flexibility, especially for those travelling from other cities, we have changed this to an Unlock the Past conference only with complete freedom for you to develop the rest of the tour around this.
a three day conference – with 15 sessions
- two leading historians/genealogists
- Research Help Zone sessions for expert one-on-one or small group advice
- complete freedom to do Norfolk Island tourist things for the rest of the day and evening – or simply interact informally with other like-minded people
- special offers on Unlock the Past guidebooks in conference bookshop
- over $1000 worth of prizes
Conference date: Wednesday 29 – Friday 31 October 2014
Conference venue: Norfolk Island RSL Club/Bistro, Taylors Road, Burnt Pine
- For those doing the 6th cruise
- AU$150 per person
- AU$200 for two family members (both on the cruise) **
- Norfolk Island conference only
- AU$250 per person
- AU$400 for two family members**
Booking – booking form to come in the next few days
** husband/wife, two siblings, parent/adult child. Both family members are entitled to attend any or all of the conference sessions and any exclusive conference group function extras (at cost). All are in the draw for the prizes will be offered at a conference. Children under 17 may attend any of the conference sessions and any exclusive conference group function extras, but will not be in the prize draw.
Note that all travel, accommodation, meals, tour costs and admission fees are extras, with flexibility for you to choose as much or little as you want.
click here to book
- this is a separate event from the cruise
- those who do the cruise are entitled to $100 discount off the Norfolk Island conference
- bookings for the conference are made direct with Unlock the Past
- bookings for the cruise are through our cruise travel agent – click here for details and booking link
- Norfolk Island has duty free shopping!
Travel – accommodation – things to do
Getting there – Air New Zealand is the only airline with flights to Norfolk Island – with flights only from Sydney, Brisbane or Auckland. Click here for more information.
Where to stay – for recommended places to stay click here.
Other things to do – we are preparing a list of suggested activities that may be of interest. Click here for details.