13th cruise home – program – presenters – ship – itinerary – pricing and booking
Revised cruise pricing scheme. From 13 January 2016 we have separated the conference from the cruise pricing and introduced a 2 tier pricing structure, with slightly higher genealogist rates than previously and a reduced rate for non-genealogy family members.
- $450 per person for the complete genealogy package
- $250 per person for the second person in a cabin who is a non-genealogist, who doesn’t and doesn’t need genealogy ebooks and special collection vouchers. This:
- allows for full conference participation
- accrues full cruise loyalty benefits ($150 value)
- gives entry into the cruise prize draw – doubling the chance for one/both in that cabin to win one of the estimated $2000 worth of prizes
This is $700 for 2 people in a cabin, the same conference fee incorporated in the earlier cruise/conference package pricing.
To book or register your interest, call Clean Cruising, our cruise travel agent on 1800 007 987 between 9-5 Monday to Friday. Alternatively CLICK HERE to register your interest or book online
Main benefits of the new structure
- Access to any cabins on the ship while they are still available, including some categories not available in our initial group cabin allocation
- Access to the cruise as as cabins are still available
- Access to any promotional offers or P&O loyalty discounts available for this cruise
- The conference rates apply to cruise bookings made with Clean Cruising, our cruise travel agent.
- It is up to the person booking to judge when it is best time to book a cruise. As with airlines and hotels cruise line prices can go up or down depending on the demand. Cruise lines also run promotions from time to time. In general it is safest to book sooner rather than later. Sometimes cruise prices drop, but we have found that most of our cruises have increased in price as the cruise nears. The identical cruise to our PNG cruise in 2016 is already significantly higher (6 months from the cruise), than our 13th cruise 12 months later – same ship and itinerary.
Whilst the conference fees are fixed as noted above, cabin pricing will be at the rate of the day. You will need to check with Clean Cruising what the current rate is, but as a general guide we will list and periodically update the published cruise rates here.
Listed rates at 13 January 2013 (per person twin share)
- Inside cabins from $1749
- Ocean view cabins from $1749
- Balcony cabins from $2599
- Suites from $3899
Note: these are $250 – $470 lower than for the identical cruise in July 2016 (as separately listed) – a good reason to consider booking early.
- Fares and conference fees are in Australian currency. For an approximate guide in other currencies use the following multipliers
- NZ$ – multiply by 1.08
- US$ – multiply by 0.71
- GBP – multiply by 0.49
- Euro – multiply by 0.65
- Loyalty discount – if you have been on an Unlock the Past cruise before you are entitled to a discount of $50 for one cruise or $100 for two or more cruises done with Unlock that Past – for cruises done prior to December 2015. A new loyalty benefit applies to cruises sailing from December 2015 onwards. The older benefit no longer applies if you are claiming the revised benefit.
- Prices include access to all presentations and other group benefits
- Twin share pricing is per adult based on twin (two people) occupancy
- If single pricing is too high for you we recommend you ask a friend or relative to join you or contact Clean Cruising or Unlock the Past to help match you with someone else (same sex) seeking a cabin share partner to help with costs
- Pricing for triple or quad share cabins may be available – check with Clean Cruising
- Pricing is inclusive of all applicable port charges and taxes
- Internet access – to be advised
- Travel insurance is not included as part of the above pricing, however it is required. Travel insurance will cover for unforeseen cancellation and lost deposits, overseas medical, hospital and emergency expenses, luggage, accidental death and legal liability. You may arrange your own or ask Clean Cruising to arrange this for you
- The currency on board the Pacific Aria will be Australian dollars
Reservations and payment – to confirm a reservation our travel agent, Clean Cruising, will require each passenger’s first and surname as per their passport as well as their date of birth, current address and telephone number. If the name you wish to be known by on your name tag it is different from the name you are booking as, please advise this when booking.
Deposit – AU$400 per person (** to be confirmed)
Final balance due – early May 2017 (actual date to be advised)
Cancellations – in the unfortunate event that anyone should have to cancel, Clean Cruising must be notified in writing. The day that they receive this notice in writing will be considered the date the cancellation has been made. Cancellation fees apply if cancelled after a deposit or final payment has been made. The cancellation charges below are from P&O. Neither Unlock the Past nor Clean Cruising charge any additional cancellation fee. Cancellations made before the advertised date of departure will incur the following charges per person:
Cancellation 180-76 days prior to departure: deposit amount
Cancellation 75-43 days prior to departure: 25% of total fare
Cancellation 42-15 days prior to departure: 50% of total fare
Cancellation 14 days or less prior to departure: 100% of total fare
Any specific medical and/or dietary requirements must be advised at time of booking. We cannot guarantee special meal requests nor will we assume any responsibility or liability if passengers’ special meal requests are not fulfilled.
Cruise additional benefits and rewards
- Up to $660 in cruise bonuses and loyalty rewards from
- Genealogy ebooks – a $150 ebooks voucher
- Archive Digital Books Australasia – 60% discount on any one special collection with a retail value up to $600 (value of discount $60-$360 depending on the collection chosen)
- Unlock the Past cruises – $100 cruise discount voucher
- Clean Cruising – $50 cruise discount voucher
- Click here for full details
- Entry into the draw for approx $2000 worth of prizes on the last night on the cruise
- Until Monday 18 January 2016 only (close of business) – entry into the draw for $6000 worth of prizes. Book any future Unlock the Past cruise in 2015 and be in the draw to win a future Unlock the Past cruise up to AU$2500 value – or one of 12 additional prizes – $6000 in all for cruises booked during 2015 (booking window extended to 18 January 2016). Click here for full details.
What is included in the price
- Conference fee – access to all presentations and one-on-one or small group help with experts
- Accommodation as booked
- All main meals on-board
- Open/anytime or traditional/set time & multi-venue dining (we expect to reserve a block of tables in the main dining room for evening meals)
- In-cabin dining at no charge
- Use of ship facilities – indoor & outdoor
- Entertainment – live music and/or shows, movies
- Activities – organised & individual
- Specialty lectures, workshops, classes & programs (by the ship)
- Infant crèche, kids clubs & teen programs
- Cruise Director & all English speaking staff
- Butler & valet services (select cabins)
- Priority dis/embarkation (selected suites)
- Special needs requests & service animals allowed
- Ship-shore-ship transfers
What is not included in the price
- Airfares, accommodation & transfers not specified
- Shore & land excursions and meals not specified
- Alternate specialty dining venues (unless specified)
- Casino gaming, bar expenses
- Passport & visa fees
- Insurances of all kinds
- Increases in third party charges or taxes
- Customary land tour gratuities are welcome
- Service charge 15% added to beverage bills. Additional tips discretionary.
- Items & services of a personal nature
- Medical services, vaccination costs
- Laundry and/or valet charges
- Wi-Fi, Internet, satellite/mobile phone & fax charges
- Childcare night services (3-12 yrs, 10pm-1am)
- Babysitting, individual or in groups (from 1 yr)
The price does not cover costs and expenses, including the return to your home, if you leave the cruise of your own volition, or due to illness, or as a consequence of official action by the government.