CLICK THE FOLLOWING LINKS FOR MORE DETAILS
There are two components to booking into our cruise group
- the cruise fare – at the rate of the day
- the conference – fixed price (see below) – with a lower rate for a non-genealogy partner sharing a cabin with a genealogist
CRUISE FARE – book any available cabin on the ship at the rate of day. Check with one of our travel agents for the current rate, but as a general guide we will list and periodically update the published cruise rates here.
We were advised in late July that the ship had completely sold out of all but one very expensive suite. Cancellations can occasionally free up cabins
Rates at 6 August 2018 (per person twin share), but there may be only one of each and that may change at any time:
- inside – from AU$1802 (approx NZ$1990, US$1340, CA$1750, £1030)
- ocean view – sold out
- balcony – from AU$3380 (approx NZ$3720, US$2510, CA$3280, £1930)
- suite – from AU$4073 (approx NZ$4490, US$3020, CA$3960, £2330)
Single occupancy rates are approximately 95%-100% above share rates
CONFERENCE – additional to the cruise only cost
- genealogist – AU$380 (approx NZ$420, US$290, CA$380, £220)
- non-genealogy cabin partner – AU$150 (approx NZ$170, US$120, CA$160, £90)
the “non-genealogy” rate cannot be booked on its own. It is only available if one person in the cabin has already booked the “genealogist” rate
Book or register your interest with one of our cruise travel agents
- Clean Cruising (Australia) – click link to register your interest or initiate the booking process – or call on 1800 007 987 between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday (Australian Eastern Standard time).
- Cruise Planners: O’Connell Travel (US) – click link to register your interest or initiate the booking process – or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The conference fee is part of the payment for the cruise if the cruise is booked with Clean Cruising.
- If your cruise is booked with Cruise Planners: O’Connell Travel, or another agent, the conference fee needs to be paid directly with us at Unlock the Past cruises. Email email@example.com to book the conference separately. This is fully refundable should you need to cancel the cruise and conference at any time before the cruise.
- Fares booked with Clean Cruising will be charged in Australian currency. Approximate equivalents in other currencies are given as a guide.
- Conference fees are all in Australian currency. Approximate equivalents in other currencies are given as a guide.
- Loyalty discount – if you have last been on an Unlock the Past cruise before December 2015 you are entitled to a discount of AU$50 for one cruise or AU$100 for two or more cruises done with Unlock the Past. A newer loyalty benefit applies to cruises sailing from December 2015 onwards. The older benefit no longer applies if you are claiming the revised benefit.
- Twin share pricing is per adult based on twin (two people) occupancy
- Single occupancy and triple or quad share cabins may be available – check availability and pricing with Clean Cruising.
- If single pricing is too high for you we recommend you ask a friend or relative to join you or contact Clean Cruising or Unlock the Past to help match you with someone else (same sex) seeking a cabin share partner to help with costs. See Are you a solo cruiser.
- Price changes may occur by reason of matters outside our control which increase the cost of the product or service. Such factors include adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges and taxes. These scenarios are also highly unlikely to occur.
- The currency on board the Explorer of the Seas will be US dollars
- Reservations and payment – to confirm a reservation our travel agent, Clean Cruising, will require each passenger’s first and surname as per their passport as well as their date of birth, current address and telephone number. If the name you wish to be known by on your name tag it is different from the name you are booking as, please advise this when booking.
- Final payment – full payment is due with bookings made after April 2018
MORE BOOKING INFORMATION
Click here for more information on:
- travel insurance
- passports and visas
- inclusions and exclusions
- other information