A full day conference in Seattle the day before the cruise, featuring Blaine Bettinger (US – DNA expert) and Chris Paton (Scotland – Scottish and Irish expert). This is an optional extra for those booked on the cruise, but will also be open to others.
Two streams are planned – a DNA stream and Scottish/Irish stream. There will be a small exhibition with supporting/sponsoring partners, including a book stall by Maia’s Books.
A venue is in mind, but we are not able to make/confirm a booking until late January 2018.
Date: Thursday 6 September 2018
Time: 9am-5pm (provisional) – to be confirmed when venue is booked
Venue: to be advised
Cost: to be advised when venue is confirmed
Program: to be advised when venue is confirmed
Bookings: to open when venue is confirmed and the program and cost are finalised – expected to open February 2018
- Blaine Bettinger – topics will be finalised when the venue is confirmed, but provisionally they are:
- Using Y-DNA and mtDNA to Explore Your Ancestry
- Using Autosomal DNA for 18th and 19th Century Mysteries
- Using Third-Party Tools to Analyze Your Autosomal DNA
- Phasing and Mapping Your DNA
- Chris Paton – several talks on Scottish and Irish research, different from what Chris will present on the cruise