We do not have cabins reserved for our group at fixed prices on this cruise. You have freedom to choose any cabin on the ship – until sold out. The conference is a fixed price, but the cruise fare is at the rate of the day – and subject to any prices rises (or falls) that may occur.
TWO COMPONENTS TO THE COST
- the cruise fare – varies depending on your choice of cabin and the fare at the time you book
- the conference – a fixed cost, but if booked with one of our partner agents is charged together with the final cruise payment nearer the cruise departure date
Early bookings will give you the best choice of cabin location – and probably the best price
CRUISE ONLY – open booking into ANY cabin on the ship, this will be at the rate of day. Check with your travel agent for the current rate, but as a general guide we will list and periodically update the published cruise rates here. Rates at 6 April 2019 (per person twin share), but subject to change at any time:
- inside – from AU$2481 (approx NZ$2620, US$1770, £1360, 1570 Euros)
- ocean view – from AU$2727 (approx NZ$2880, US$1940, £1490, 1730 Euros)
- balcony – from AU$3314 (approx NZ$3500, US$2360, £1810, 2100 Euros)
- suite – from AU$3590 (approx NZ$3790, US$2560, £1960, 2280 Euros)
CONFERENCE – additional to the cruise fare
The base conference fee is
- AU$595 per person for bookings with one of our partner travel agents
- AU$695 for bookings direct with Royal Caribbean or a non-partner travel agent
These will be reduced where:
- you are a sole occupant of a cabin
- both in a cabin participate in the conference (both fully or one as a non-genealogy cabin partner booking for a low AU$200) – see below
- a non-genealogy cabin partner participates in any of the conference sessions and receives most of our cruise bonuses and loyalty rewards (see below) for a “non-genealogy partner” fee of AU$200 (approx NZ$220, US$150, £110, 130 Euros)
- you have done a previous Unlock the Past cruise – which entitles you to a AU$50-$100 loyalty discount
- you have a cruise discount prize voucher
booked with one of our three partner travel agents
- per cabin – two people
- both genealogists – [$495 +AU$495] = AU$990 (approx NZ$1050, US$720, £520, 630 Euros)
- one genealogist and one non-genealogy partner – AU[$495 +AU$200] = $695 (approx NZ$740, US$510, £370, 450 Euros)
- one genealogist and one with no conference participation – AU$595 (approx NZ$640, US$430, £350, 380 Euros)
- per cabin – single occupancy – AU$495 (approx NZ$530, US$360, £250, 320 Euros)
- if you have booked with Cruise Planners O’Connell Travel contact email@example.com for links to book the conference securely online
booked with another travel agent or Royal Caribbean direct
- per cabin – two people
- both genealogists – [$595 +AU$595] = AU$1190 (approx NZ$1270, US$860, £620, 760 Euros) – book here
- one genealogist and one non-genealogy partner – [$595 +AU$200] = AU$795 (approx NZ$850, US$580, £420, 510 Euros) – book $595 here — book $200 here
- one genealogist and one with no conference participation – AU$695 (approx NZ$740, US$510, £370, 440 Euros) – book here
- per cabin – single occupancy – AU$595 (approx NZ$630, US$430, £310, 380 Euros) – book here
- contact firstname.lastname@example.org for links to book the conference securely online
DISCOVER FAMILY HISTORY CONFERENCE PROGRAM – NEW – click here for details
A comprehensive five talk beginners program – AU$95 per person (approx NZ$110, US$70, £55, 65 Euros)
BOOKINGS – three agents you can choose from
- Clean Cruising (Queensland)
- Phil Hoffmann Travel (South Australia)
- Cruise Planners O’Connell Travel (USA)
PHIL HOFFMANN TRAVEL (Adelaide)
- Glenelg, Bayside Village Shopping Centre, Corner Jetty & Brighton Roads, Glenelg SA
- Adelaide – 12 Pirie Street, Adelaide SA
- Barossa Valley – 41A Murray Street, Nuriootpa SA
- Gawler – 1/105 Murray Street, Gawler SA
- Hyde Park – 82 King William Road, Hyde Park SA
- Modbury – Shop 9ABC 1020 North East Road, Modbury SA
- Norwood – 3/89 The Parade, Norwood SA
- Semaphore – 64B Semaphore Road, Semaphore SA
- Stirling – 15/51 Mt Barker Road, Stirling SA
- Victor Harbor – Corner Ocean Street & Coral Streets, Victor Harbor SA
Click here or the brochure graphic at the right for detailed cruise information
- Click here to register your interest or initiate the booking process – or email email@example.com
- The conference fee needs to be paid directly with us at Unlock the Past cruises – see note below
The conference fee is part of the final payment for the cruise if the cruise is booked with Clean Cruising or Phil Hoffmann Travel
If your cruise is booked Cruise Planners O’Connell Travel or with another agent the conference fee needs to be paid directly with us at Unlock the Past cruises – email firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to book the conference separately. Full payment is required with your booking but this is fully refundable should you need to cancel the cruise and conference at any time before the cruise.
Fares booked with Australian agents will be charged in Australian currency. Approximate equivalents in other currencies are given as a guide.
Twin share pricing is per adult based on twin (two people) occupancy
Single occupancy and triple or quad share cabins may be available – check availability and pricing with your travel agent.
If single pricing is too high for you we recommend you ask a friend or relative to join you or contact your travel agent or Unlock the Past to help match you with someone else (same sex) seeking a cabin share partner to help with costs. See Are you a solo cruiser.
Price changes may occur by reason of matters outside our control which increase the cost of the product or service. Such factors include adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges and taxes. These scenarios are also highly unlikely to occur.
The currency on board the Explorer of the Seas will be US dollars
Reservations and payment – to confirm a reservation your travel agent will require each passenger’s first and surname as per their passport as well as their date of birth, current address and telephone number. If the name you wish to be known by on your name tag it is different from the name you are booking as, please advise this when booking.
Deposit – $200 per person due within three days of reservation for bookings with Australian agents (overseas agents may have different deposits). These are generally non-refundable – new Royal Carribean policy from early April 2018.
Final balance due – TBA
Cancellations – In the unfortunate event that anyone should have to cancel their holiday, we must be notified in writing. The day that we receive this notice in writing will be considered the date the cancellation has been made. Certain cancellation fees apply if cancelled after a deposit or final payment has been made. The cancellation charges outlined below are from Royal Caribbean. Unlock the Past does not charge any additional cancellation fee. Cancellations made before the advertised date of departure will incur the following charges per person:
71 days or more – loss of deposit (new Royal Carribean policy from early April 2018)
70 – 46 days – 25% of cruise fare
45 – 31 days – 50% of cruise fare
30 – 15 days – 75% cruise fare
14 days or less – 100% of total cruise fare
The currency on board Explorer of the Seas will be US dollars.
Internet – see Guide to Royal Caribbean Voom WiFi Internet prices and tips
Travel Insurance – this is not included as part of the cruise pricing however is required. You travel agent can provide insurance if you don’t have your own. This will cover for unforeseen cancellation and lost deposits, overseas medical, hospital and emergency expenses, luggage, accidental death and legal liability – the policy also has no excess. This policy does not automatically provide cover for existing health disorders. If coverage for existing health disorders is required and is accepted by the insurance company then an additional premium per applicant may apply.
Passports and visas – a current passport with 6 months’ validity is necessary on this cruise. Without the necessary identification, local authorities may deny you boarding, prevent you from going ashore, issue a fine or deny the ship entry into port.
Cruise tickets and documents – travel documents from your travel agent will be available at least 21 days prior to departure (providing full payment has been received).
Ship & itinerary changes
Royal Caribbean Cruiseline do everything they reasonably can to make sure everything goes according to plan. However, sometimes changes can happen that may affect your cruise experience. These can include weather, mechanical difficulties, civil unrest or any other unforeseen circumstances. In addition, they may charter all or part of the ship or remove the ship from service where this becomes necessary. They may change the itinerary, ship or cancel the cruise due to operational or commercial requirements. They will notify you of these changes as soon as they can. Where they cancel a cruise or make a significant change to the ports in your itinerary prior to departure, you will have the choice of:
- A new itinerary
- An alternative cruise of comparable standard, if available
- Cancelling the cruise for a full refund of your fare
If they are required to change the itinerary or cancel the cruise due to safety, maritime law, severe weather or to protect human life or health, they are not required to provide any compensation. With this in mind, please do not make any important arrangements or meetings based on your proposed itinerary.
An Unlock the Past evening dining group – Royal Carribean have had a fairly strict and inflexible policy in recent years for main dining room allocation. They allocate dining time (6pm or 8 pm) and table allocation which is to be adhered to for the entire cruise. Our group has requested 6pm dining sitting (we will have an 8pm evening presentation after dinner). Having requested this early we should get this, but our group dining seating block would normally only be open to those who book within our group’s cabin allocation. Anyone booking a cabin other than one allocated to us, or booking with another agent, will normally be assigned a table and even the dining time (seemingly) randomly. We can only try to bring those booked with other agents or outside our contract group into our dining group, but have not always been able to do this in the past. This only applies to the main dining room. It is not an issue if you choose the casual dining room or specialty dining room, which you are quite free to do.
Cruise bonus and loyalty rewards
Bookings for the full conference as a genealogist or participating non-genealogy partner
- Unlock the Past discount voucher (future cruise) – AU$100 (approx US$75)
- entry into the AU$1000 + value prize draw
Bookings for the full conference as a genealogist
- Genealogy ebooks credit – AU$100 (approx US$75) – orders before or on the cruise
- Archive Digital Books 50% discount voucher on a special data collection – value (depending on product used on) up to U$300 (approx US$225)
What is included in the price
- Conference fee – access to all presentations and one-on-one or small group help with experts
- Accommodation as booked
- All main meals on-board
- Open/anytime or traditional/set time & multi-venue dining (we have requested 6pm dining for our group in the main dining room, though the option remains for individuals to use the casual or specialty dining rooms)
- Alternative specialty dining (Suites)
- In-cabin dining at no charge
- Use of ship facilities – indoor & outdoor
- Entertainment – live music and/or shows, movies
- Activities – organised & individual
- Specialty lectures, workshops, classes & programs
- Bridge director on select cruises
- Infant crèche, kids clubs & teen programs
- Cruise Director & all English speaking staff
- Butler & valet services (select cabins)
- Priority dis/embarkation (selected suites)
- Special needs requests & service animals
What is not included in the price
- Airfares, accommodation & transfers not specified
- Shore & land excursions and meals not specified
- Alternate specialty dining venues (unless specified)
- Casino gaming, bar expenses
- Passport & visa fees
- Insurances of all kinds
- Increases in third party charges or taxes
- Customary land tour gratuities are welcome
- Service charge 15% added to beverage bills.
- Items & services of a personal nature
- Medical services, vaccination costs
- Laundry and/or valet charges
- Wi-Fi, Internet, satellite/mobile phone & fax charges
- Childcare night services (3-12 yrs, 10pm-1am)
- costs and expenses, including the return to your home, if you leave the cruise of your own volition, or due to illness, or as a consequence of official action by the government.
- name changes – an amount of $75 per person will be levied as a name change fee. One original passenger from the booking must always remain in the cabin, otherwise this will be treated as a full cancellation. Any request for name substitution of all passengers in a booking represents cancellation and release of space.