14 NIGHT ITALIAN MEDITERRANEAN CRUISE – FROM SOUTHAMPTON – 3rd quarter 2019
This cruise is provisonal until 2019 UK Royal Caribbean cruise schedules are released and we can confirm availability of conference space on a suitable cruise. The following information is for a similar cruise in 2018 as a guide only to what we are looking for in 2019. Hopefully something similar will be available to us, though some details may differ.
- 14 nights 3rd quarter 2019. Our preferred month is September 2019, but we will have to see what may become available to us
- Ship: a Voyager class ship (probably)
- Nice (Villefranche), France
- Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy
- Florence/Pisa (Livorno), Italy
- Genoa, Italy
- Malaga, Spain
- Lisbon, Portugal
- sessions are only held while at sea
- six sea days allow for a significant and varied program
- the program will offer 70+ topics in two streams
(two theatres at the same time)
- the program will have our usual wide range of topics, but we hope to especially feature strong English, European and Scandinavian streams
- lead speaker – Paul Milner (provisional until cruise is confirmed). If confirmed Paul will bring an extended, in-depth course on English research. Click here or the image to learn more about Paul.
- other speakers – if the cruise is confirmed we will be inviting expressions of interest – click here for information for prospective speakers
- cruise only – expected to start from about AU$2400 per person twin share
- conference – additional to the cruise only cost
- genealogist – AU$450-$550
- non-genealogy cabin partner – AU$200-$250
Further details will be given after 2019 UK cruise schedules are released – and if the cruise is confirmed.