PRICE ALERT – 29 Nov 2018
Prices for this cruise have recently fallen – after rising over recent months. It is likely they will rise again. The nearest equivalent cruise in 2019 is considerably higher in price now – with the cheapest category already sold out – 3 months before the cruise date.
Book now – or register your interest – while these very good prices are still available.
We do not have cabins reserved for our group at fixed prices on this cruise. You have freedom to choose any cabin on the ship – until sold out. The conference now is a fixed price, but the cruise fare is at the rate of the day – and subject to any price rise (or fall) that may occur.
TWO COMPONENTS TO THE COST
- the cruise fare – varies depending on your choice of cabin and the fare at the time you book
- the conference – a fixed cost, but if booked with one of our partner agents is charged together with the final cruise payment nearer the cruise departure date
Early bookings will give you the best choice of cabin location – and probably the best price
CRUISE FARE – open booking into ANY cabin on the ship, this will be at the rate of the day. Check with one of our travel agents for the current rate, but as a general guide we will list and periodically update the published cruise rates here. Rates are at 7 January 2019 but subject to change at any time:
TWIN SHARE – from:
- interior – from AU$1379 (approx NZ$1460, US$990, £780)
- oceanview – from AU$1549 (approx NZ$1640, US$1110, £870)
- balcony – from AU$2149 (approx NZ$2280, US$1540, £1210)
- suite – from AU$2999 (approx NZ$3170, US$2140, £1680)
OTHER – from:
- single occupancy – double the per person twin share rate
- 3rd and 4th person – check with travel agent
CONFERENCE – additional to the cruise fare
The base conference fee is
- AU$595 per person for bookings with one of our partner travel agents
- AU$695 for bookings direct with P&O or a non-partner travel agent
These will be reduced where:
- both in a cabin participate in the conference (both fully or one as a non-genealogy cabin partner booking for a low AU$200) – see below
- a non-genealogy cabin partner participates in any of the conference sessions and receives most of our cruise bonuses and loyalty rewards (see below) for a “non-genealogy partner” fee of AU$200 (approx NZ$220, US$150, £120, 130 Euros)
- you have done a previous Unlock the Past cruise – which entitles you to a AU$50-$100 loyalty discount
- you have a cruise discount prize voucher
booked with one of our two partner travel agents
- per cabin – two people
- both genealogists – [$495 +AU$495] = AU$990 (approx NZ$1050, US$720, £570, 630 Euros)
- one genealogist and one non-genealogy partner – AU[$495 +AU$200] = $695 (approx NZ$740, US$510, £400, 450 Euros)
- one genealogist and one with no conference participation – AU$595 (approx NZ$640, US$430, £350, 380 Euros)
- per cabin – single occupancy – AU$495 (approx NZ$530, US$360, £290, 320 Euros)
booked with another travel agent or P&O direct
- per cabin – two people
- both genealogists – [$595 +AU$595] = AU$1190 (approx NZ$1270, US$860, £680, 760 Euros)
- one genealogist and one non-genealogy partner – [$595 +AU$200] = AU$795 (approx NZ$850, US$580, £460, 510 Euros)
- one genealogist and one with no conference participation – AU$695 (approx NZ$740, US$510, £400, 450 Euros)
- per cabin – single occupancy – AU$595 (approx NZ$640, US$430, £350, 380 Euros)
- contact email@example.com for links to book the conference securely online
DISCOVER FAMILY HISTORY CONFERENCE PROGRAM – NEW – click here for details
A comprehensive five talk beginners program – AU$95 per person (approx NZ$105, US$70, £55)
Book or register your interest with either of our two partner agents. They can handle both cruise and conference bookings
PHIL HOFFMANN TRAVEL (Adelaide)
- Glenelg, Bayside Village Shopping Centre, Corner Jetty & Brighton Roads, Glenelg SA
- Adelaide – 12 Pirie Street, Adelaide SA
- Barossa Valley – 41A Murray Street, Nuriootpa SA
- Gawler – 1/105 Murray Street, Gawler SA
- Hyde Park – 82 King William Road, Hyde Park SA
- Modbury – Shop 9ABC 1020 North East Road, Modbury SA
- Norwood – 3/89 The Parade, Norwood SA
- Semaphore – 64B Semaphore Road, Semaphore SA
- Stirling – 15/51 Mt Barker Road, Stirling SA
- Victor Harbor – Corner Ocean Street & Coral Streets, Victor Harbor SA
Click here or the brochure graphic at the right for detailed cruise information
The conference fee is part of the final payment for the cruise if the cruise is booked with Phil Hoffmann Travel or Clean Cruising.
If your cruise is booked with another agent the conference fee needs to be paid directly with us at Unlock the Past cruises – email firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to book the conference separately. Full payment is required with your booking but this is fully refundable should you need to cancel the cruise and conference at any time before the cruise.
Fares will be charged in Australian currency. Approximate equivalents in other currencies are given as a guide.
Twin share pricing is per adult based on twin (two people) occupancy.
Single occupancy and triple or quad share cabins may be available – check availability and pricing with your travel agent.
If single pricing is too high for you we recommend you ask a friend or relative to join you or contact us (Unlock the Past) to help match you with someone else (same sex) seeking a cabin share partner to help with costs. See Are you a solo cruiser.
Price changes may occur by reason of matters outside our control which increase the cost of the product or service. Such factors include adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges and taxes. These scenarios are also highly unlikely to occur.
Reservations and payment – to confirm a reservation our travel agents will require each passenger’s first and surname as per their passport as well as their date of birth, current address and telephone number. If the name you wish to be known by on your name tag is different from the name you are booking as, please advise this when booking.
Deposit (standard) – AU$250
Final balance due – 75 days prior to cruise departure
Cancellations and refunds – in the unfortunate event that anyone should have to cancel, your travel agent must be notified in writing. Cancellation fees apply if cancelled after a deposit or final payment has been made. P&O’s refund policy (value and value+ fares):
Cancellation 181 days or more: 100% refunded
Cancellation 18-76 days prior to departure: total fare minus deposit amount
Cancellation 75-31 days prior to departure: 50% of total fare refunded
Cancellation 30-15 days prior to departure: 25% of total fare refunded
Cancellation 14 days or less prior to departure: no refund
Go fare refunds are different – see P&O’s Booking & travel conditions.
See P&O’s Booking & travel conditions for more.
The currency on board the Pacifc Aria will be AU dollars.
Internet – Wifi internet is available in the most public areas. Please note that Internet access will always depend on the ship receiving a signal from the satellite. Time plans can be purchased onboard and work out at around $0.50 per minute depending on the plan purchased. Alternatively you can pay as you go for $0.75 per minute. Full details are available onboard including how to access wireless and prices are subject to change – from P&O FAQ page.
Travel Insurance – this is not included as part of the cruise pricing however it is required. Your travel agent can provide insurance if you don’t have your own. This will cover unforeseen cancellation and lost deposits, overseas medical, hospital and emergency expenses, luggage, accidental death and legal liability – the policy also has no excess. This policy does not automatically provide cover for existing health disorders. If coverage for existing health disorders is required and is accepted by the insurance company then an additional premium per applicant may apply.
Ship & itinerary changes
P&O Australia will do everything they reasonably can to make sure everything goes according to plan. However, sometimes changes can happen that may affect your cruise experience. These can include weather, mechanical difficulties, civil unrest or any other unforeseen circumstances. In addition, they may charter all or part of the ship or remove the ship from service where this becomes necessary. They may change the itinerary, ship or cancel the cruise due to operational or commercial requirements. They will notify you of these changes as soon as they can. Where they cancel a cruise or make a significant change to the ports in your itinerary prior to departure, you will have the choice of:
- A new itinerary
- An alternative cruise of comparable standard, if available
- Cancelling the cruise for a full refund of your fare
If they are required to change the itinerary or cancel the cruise due to safety, maritime law, severe weather or to protect human life or health, they are not required to provide any compensation. With this in mind, please do not make any important arrangements or meetings based on your proposed itinerary.
Any specific medical and/or dietary requirements must be advised at time of booking. We cannot guarantee special meal requests nor will we assume any responsibility or liability if passengers’ special meal requests are not fulfilled.
Cruise bonus and loyalty rewards
Bookings for the full conference as a genealogist or participating non-genealogy partner
- Unlock the Past discount voucher (future cruise) – AU$100 (approx US$75)
- entry into the $1000 + value prize draw
Bookings for the full conference as a genealogist
- Genealogy ebooks credit – AU$100 (approx US$75) – orders before or on the cruise
- Archive Digital Books 50% discount voucher on a special data collection – value (depending on product used on) up to U$300 (approx US$225)
What is included in the price
- Conference fee
– full conference booking – access to all presentations and one-on-one or small group help with experts
– special Discover your family history program – access to all 5 talks listed for this program
- Accommodation as booked
- All main meals on-board
- Open/anytime or traditional/set time & multi-venue dining. We expect to reserve a block of tables in the main dining room for evening meals, though the option remains for individuals to use the casual or specialty dining rooms
- In-cabin dining at no charge
- Use of ship facilities – indoor & outdoor
- Entertainment – live music and/or shows, movies
- Activities – organised & individual
- Specialty lectures, workshops, classes & programs
- Infant crèche, kids clubs & teen programs
- Butler & valet services (select cabins)
- Special needs requests & service animals
What is not included in the price
- Airfares, accommodation & transfers not specified
- Shore & land excursions and meals not specified
- Alternate specialty dining venues (unless specified)
- Casino gaming, bar expenses
- Passport & visa fees
- Insurances of all kinds
- Increases in third party charges or taxes
- Customary land tour gratuities are welcome
- Service charge 15% added to beverage bills. Additional tips discretionary
- Items & services of a personal nature
- Medical services, vaccination costs
- Laundry and/or valet charges
- Wifi, internet, satellite/mobile phone & fax charges
- Childcare night services (3-12 yrs, 10pm-1am)
- costs and expenses, including the return to your home, if you leave the cruise of your own volition, or due to illness, or as a consequence of official action by the government
- name changes – a name change fee may be levied