Reservations and payment – to confirm a reservation our travel agent, Clean Cruising, will require each passenger’s first and surname as per their passport as well as their date of birth, current address and telephone number. If the name you wish to be known by on your name tag it is different from the name you are booking as, please advise this when booking.
Cancellations – In the unfortunate event that anyone should have to cancel their holiday, we must be notified in writing. The day that we receive this notice in writing will be considered the date the cancellation has been made. Certain cancellation fees apply if cancelled after a deposit or final payment has been made. The cancellation charges outlined below are from Royal Caribbean. Neither Clean Cruising or Unlock the Past charge any additional cancellation fee. Cancellations made before the advertised date of departure will incur the following charges per person:
- 151 days or more – deposit is refundable
- 150 – 71 days – loss of deposit
- 70 – 46 days – 25% of cruise fare
- 45 – 31 days – 50% of cruise fare
- 30 – 15 days – 75% cruise fare
- 14 days or less – 100% of total cruise fare
Internet – see Guide to Royal Caribbean Voom WiFi Internet prices and tips
Travel Insurance – this is not included as part of the cruise pricing however is recommended. Clean Cruising can provide insurance if you don’t have your own. This will cover for unforeseen cancellation and lost deposits, overseas medical, hospital and emergency expenses, luggage, accidental death and legal liability – the policy also has no excess. This policy does not automatically provide cover for existing health disorders. If coverage for existing health disorders is required and is accepted by the insurance company then an additional premium per applicant may apply.
Clean Cruising is an Australian based company therefore our travel insurance will only cover Australian citizens departing from Australia.
If you are not an Australian citizen Clean Cruising is unable to offer you travel insurance. You will be able to purchase an insurance policy from a local broker within your home country.
Passports and visas – a current passport with 6 months’ validity is necessary on this cruise. A USA ESTA Visa will be required for all passengers entering the USA. Without the necessary identification, local authorities may deny you boarding, prevent you from going ashore, issue a fine or deny the ship entry into port.
Cruise tickets and documents – travel documents from Clean Cruising will be available at least 21 days prior to departure (providing full payment has been received).
Ship & itinerary changes
Royal Caribbean Cruiseline do everything they reasonably can to make sure everything goes according to plan. However, sometimes changes can happen that may affect your cruise experience. These can include weather, mechanical difficulties, civil unrest or any other unforeseen circumstances. In addition, they may charter all or part of the ship or remove the ship from service where this becomes necessary. They may change the itinerary, ship or cancel the cruise due to operational or commercial requirements. They will notify you of these changes as soon as they can. Where they cancel a cruise or make a significant change to the ports in your itinerary prior to departure, you will have the choice of:
- A new itinerary
- An alternative cruise of comparable standard, if available
- Cancelling the cruise for a full refund of your fare
If they are required to change the itinerary or cancel the cruise due to safety, maritime law, severe weather or to protect human life or health, they are not required to provide any compensation. With this in mind, please do not make any important arrangements or meetings based on your proposed itinerary.
An Unlock the Past evening dining group – Royal Carribean have had a fairly strict and inflexible policy in recent years for main dining room allocation. They allocate dining time (6pm or 8 pm) and table allocation which is to be adhered to for the entire cruise. Our group has requested 6pm dining sitting (we will have an 8pm evening presentation after dinner). Having requested this early we should get this, but our group dining seating block would normally only be open to those who book within our group’s cabin allocation. Anyone booking a cabin other than one allocated to us, or booking with another agent, will normally be assigned a table and even the dining time (seemingly) randomly. We can only try to bring those booked with other agents or outside our contract group into our dining group, but have not always been able to do this in the past. This only applies to the main dining room. It is not an issue if you choose the casual dining room or specialty dining room, which you are quite free to do.
Optional extra one day seminar in Seattle the day before the cruise – because of the more limited program time than usual on this cruise we are planning an optional full day seminar program in Seattle for those interested – before the cruise with other leading international speakers. Details to come.
Cruise bonus and loyalty rewards – for all who book with our cruise/conference
- Unlock the Past discount voucher (future cruise) – AU$100 (approx US$80)
- Clean Cruising discount voucher (future cruise) – AU$50 (approx US$40)
(only for bookings with Clean Cruising)
- Genealogy ebooks credit voucher – AU$150 (approx US$120)
(only for bookings at full genealogist rate)
- Archive Digital Books 60% discount voucher on a special data collection
value (depending on product used on) AU$60-AU$360 (approx US$50-US$290)
(only for bookings at full genealogist rate)
- Total value of bonuses/rewards offered – AU$360-AU$660 (approx US$290-US$530)
(AU$150 – approx US$210 – for bookings at non-genealogist rate)
- cruise bookshop special offers
- PLUS value of a prize if won (from a prize pool of over AU$2000 (approx US$1600)
What is included in the price
- Conference fee – access to all presentations and one-on-one or small group help with experts
- Accommodation as booked
- All main meals on-board
- Open/anytime or traditional/set time & multi-venue dining (we have requested 6pm dining for our group in the main dining room, though the option remains for individuals to use the casual or specialty dining rooms)
- Alternative specialty dining (Suites)
- In-cabin dining at no charge
- Use of ship facilities – indoor & outdoor
- Entertainment – live music and/or shows, movies
- Activities – organised & individual
- Specialty lectures, workshops, classes & programs
- Bridge director on select cruises
- Infant crèche, kids clubs & teen programs
- Cruise Director & all English speaking staff
- Butler & valet services (select cabins)
- Priority dis/embarkation (selected suites)
- Special needs requests & service animals
What is not included in the price
- Airfares, accommodation & transfers not specified
- Shore & land excursions and meals not specified
- Alternate specialty dining venues (unless specified)
- Casino gaming, bar expenses
- Passport & visa fees (USA ESTA Visa required)
- Insurances of all kinds
- Increases in third party charges or taxes
- Customary land tour gratuities are welcome
- Service charge 15% added to beverage bills.
- Items & services of a personal nature
- Medical services, vaccination costs
- Laundry and/or valet charges
- Wi-Fi, Internet, satellite/mobile phone & fax charges
- Childcare night services (3-12 yrs, 10pm-1am)
- costs and expenses, including the return to your home, if you leave the cruise of your own volition, or due to illness, or as a consequence of official action by the government.
- name changes – an amount of $75 per person will be levied as a name change fee. One original passenger from the booking must always remain in the cabin, otherwise this will be treated as a full cancellation. Any request for name substitution of all passengers in a booking represents cancellation and release of space.