The final cruise (our 13th) on our 2014-2016 cruise schedule is a 7 night/8 day Amsterdam to Basel river cruise. We hope to have fixed 2016 schedules this month from Avalon Waterways, with whom we are planning the cruise. We are targeting a late July or early August date, using one of their superb new suite ships.
A river cruise will differ significantly from an ocean cruise in a number of respects
- there are very limited public areas on a river ship only a lounge and dining room, which are open to the public generally. This means we are unlikely to run a regular conference program on board.
- we will be free however to run smaller group discussion and help sessions around tables in the main or other public lounges
- we are also likely to offer a one day onshore conference in Amsterdam the day before we leave – with local European experts
7 reasons to record an early no obligation expression of interest in our July/August river cruise
- river cruises tend to book out early – up to 12 months or more ahead. Equivalent cruises in July and August 2015 are either totally booked out or largely booked out already – 9 or 10 months out from the cruises
- we are meeting with Avalon next week and hope to have details of dates and pricing either at the meeting or soon after
- we will make a selection of date and number of cabins to reserve for our group, based largely expressions of interest we have in advance
- we expect to have a short window (a few weeks) to book into this cruise exclusively for our group. Following this exclusive window, bookings will be opened up to other travel agents and then to the public
- your expression of interest will guide us in planning discussions with Avalon and help maximise our chances of getting a good cabin allocation – and even give us some chance are of chartering the entire ship (capacity approximately 120 people)
- although the likelihood is perhaps low there remains a chance we could charter the entire ship if we get sufficient advance bookings with deposits while we have an exclusive booking window (probably around December 2014/January 2015). The major advantage of chartering the entire ship is that we can run our own program on board – in the main lounge
- if you wish to travel solo, be aware that a limited number places for single accommodation are allowed and then only in selected categories. Based on currently listed cruises the single supplement is a little over 50% above the twin share rate. We can assist you to find a partner of the same gender to share with if you wish to do so to help with costs and ensure a place for you
2 levels for registering interest
- highest priority – name and contact with $100 per person fully refundable deposit (if you choose not to go in the end). These will be given first opportunity to confirm a booking with deposit as soon as our exclusive window for booking is open. It also gives you maximum choice of cabin
- 2nd priority – name and contact only (no deposit). These will be given priority to confirm a booking with deposit – after those who have been given the first opportunity (above)
- Note: the standard booking deposit is still refundable if you are subsequently required to cancel (cancellation dates to be advised). Moderately priced booking insurance is also available.
Register your interest today for a priority place on this cruise