Baltic cruise – cabins selling out and steep price increases
Don’t miss out! – if you are still considering the Baltic cruise book now before the limited number of cabins allocated to our group sell out.
Since the Baltic cruise opened for bookings in May list prices for cabins outside our group has increased significantly – a few by about $350, but most have increased by around $800-$1000 – despite the fact that this cruise is still 10 months away!
Prices of cabins in our allocation are fixed for a time. Apart from what is now a significant price advantage, there are other advantages in booking within our group:
- our prices include $266 in port taxes and other charges (Celebrity prices don’t)
- our prices include gratuities valued at $154 (Celebrity prices don’t)
- our prices include the Unlock the Past conference fee (this will be added for any bookings outside our group cabins)
- guaranteed evening dining with our group (but not if booked outside our group)
We have been given a limited number of cabins for our group and some categories have already sold out. As of 9 September 2014:
- inside cabins – our allocation sold out, ship still has some, but will be at the higher rate of the day price plus port taxes gratuities and conference fee
- outside cabins – our allocation and ship all sold out
- balconies – reasonable number of 2B cabins still available, but may go quickly. 1C – only 1 cabin left
- concierge – 6 cabins left
- aqua – 4 cabins left
The bottom line message! – book soon if you want to get the best prices – in fact to be sure of a place at all. You can probably still get an inside cabin, but outside our allocation at a higher price than we list. You can get balconies or higher at the best price for the present, but it is likely they will be considerably higher price once they are gone the only option left is to book outside our group. I should note that booking outside our group does not take anything away from conference participation, except possibly evening dining with our group.
Last opportunities – time running out
- 6th cruise – 3 nights out of Sydney 23-26 Oct. Places are still available – still at good prices, but with just 6 weeks to go time is running out
- Norfolk Island conference 29-31 Oct – do it on its own or link it with the 6th cruise at a special price. Still places available, but it is just 7 weeks away
- 7th cruise – 5 nights Fremantle – Esperance – Albany 19-24 Jan 2015 . Some cabin categories now sold out. Unsold cabins from our allocation will be returned to the cruise line in November.