Carole Riley (New South Wales) – for New South Wales focus … and more
Carol is a professional genealogist based in Sydney who specialises in researching land in New South Wales. She has a Diploma of Family Historical Studies from the Society of Australian Genealogists, a Bachelor of Science (Psychology) and a Master of Applied Science (Psych. Coach), both from the University of Sydney. She worked for many years as a computer programmer, analyst and designer, and uses those skills in her work and life.
Carole is a Vice President of the Society of Australian Genealogists, Honorary Editor of the journal Descent and convenor of the IT and Website Committees. She presents educational seminars and workshops at the Society and elsewhere on family history research topics, including land, technology and social media. She is a Director of the Association of Professional Genealogists, and the founder of The Master Genealogist Sydney User Group.
Unlock the Past Cruises – 6th
Publications – with Unlock the Past
- Social media for family historians 2nd edn
- Land research for family historians in Australia and New Zealand
- Evernote for genealogists – due April 2015
- Eureka! Goldmining in NSW
- Evernote for family history research
- Facebook for families
- Finding NSW land records
- Parish maps for family history
- Pre-1856 NSW ancestors – beyond parish registers
- Somewhere in Ireland – how can I found out where exactly?