Jill, now an amateur genealogist, has been a librarian, teacher and, most recently, Head of Information Technology in a Sydney Independent School. In 2011 Jill was honoured with Life membership of School Library Association NSW for her work in education.
This connected Granny uses Web 2.0 tools including Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Picasa, and Blogger to communicate with genealogists and family members around the globe. She shares her passion for integrating technology with genealogy through her blog, Geniaus, and with presentations in Australia and internationally at Rootstech.
Jill was an Official Blogger for the 2011, 2012 and Rootstech Conferences in Salt Lake City and the 13th Australian Genealogy Congress in Adelaide. She has written several articles for Inside History Magazine and is a contributor to Unlock the Past’s Australian and New Zealand History & Genealogy: Volume Two.
Unlock the Past Cruises – 3rd and 4th
- Geneablogging from Downunder
- The Google tools
- Google search
- Australian Familysites – see how Australian genealogists publish their family data on the web
- Beaut blogs: what makes a blog stand out from the crowd?
- CGD – it’s not a disease: resources to assist with your continued genealogical development
- Free Australian websites that I love
- The genealogists gadget bag
- Geneareaders circle
- Librarything for genealogists
- Reel in the youngsters: getting younger generations involved in family history
- Social media and your society: how, why and when
- Before it’s too late: tips and tools for interviewing the oldies