Her tertiary qualifications include a BSc (Mathematics) and BA (Computer Science) both from the University of Queensland. More recently she has completed Certificate in Genealogical Studies (English Records) with the National Institute for Genealogical Studies. She currently works as a consultant for Gould Genealogy & History and is regularly invited to speak on findmypast and other topics at events in Australia and New Zealand.
Rosemary has published numerous indexes to Queensland cemeteries and government records and is the editor of Unlock the Past publications and author/contributor to several.
A member of the Australasian Federation of Family History Organisations (AFFHO) Council from 2009 to 2013 and a current member of the Queensland FHS Management Committee, Rosemary is a Fellow of the Queensland Family History Society and in 2006 received the AFFHO Award for Meritorious Services to Family History.
Unlock the Past Cruises – 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th & 13th
- Emigrants from Hamburg to Australasia 1850-1879
Which genealogy program?
The new findmypast.com.au: gateway to the world collection
ScotlandsPeople: the place to launch your Scottish research
- So your ancestor was a Baptist in Queensland!
- History & genealogy 2011: Australia & New Zealand (joint editor)
- Queensland’s founding families: biographies of families living in Queensland prior to separation from New South Wales (chief editor)
- Getting started with Family Historian 6
- Ancestry.com: What does it offer?
- Australian church records: who, when, and where
- Australian government, police & education gazettes
- Beyond just indexes
- Connecting with family lines online
- Directories and almanacs
- Electoral rolls: tips and traps
- Family Photo Book
- Family Historian: an introduction
- Findmypast: the World Collection
- Findmypast Australasia
- Genes Reunited: family trees and historic records
- Getting the most out of Google
- Online newspapers: finding out what happened in the “dash”
- Scotland: Land and taxes
- ScotlandsPeople: the place to launch your Scottish research
- The findmypast suite – UK, Ireland, Australasia and USA – an overview
- TheGenealogist.co.uk: what’s the difference?
- Tracing your ancestors in England: an overview of basic resources
- Tracing your ancestors in Scotland: an overview of basic resources