Newsletter updated 25 August 2015
Our Baltic cruise is now history. However it will long remain in the memories of most who attended – a wonderful itinerary and places visited, the most significant cruise conference we have ever done, lots of fun and many new friendships made. For most of us our heads were spinning by the end taking in up to 50 presentations from 16 presenters from 4 different countries. The entertainment we had from our own Master Christopher and Mistress Agnes (17th century barber surgeon) and Carol Becker (So you are married to a genealogist – last night finale) for many of us surpassed the excellent entertainment the ship had to offer. And it was educational at the same time. Click here to see some of the many great reports published on the cruise and the places we visited.
We are now over half way through the varied schedule of eight cruises we committed to over a two-year period from mid 2014 to mid 2016. We are now looking at options for further cruises in 2017 and 2018.
A 2017 cruise from Eastern Australia? – Click here for more information
We will likely offer a cruise in early 2017. We have looked at several itinerary options from Sydney – a Tasmanian cruise, several Pacific cruises and a one-way cruise from Brisbane to Hong Kong. A selection between the different itineraries will be made based on preferences in the survey – see below.
A 2018 Alaskan cruise? – Click here for more information
We have often been asked about an Alaskan cruise. If there is sufficient interest it will almost certainly be somewhere between late May and late August 2018. This would be a 7 night cruise, with 2 days at sea (for conference sessions).
Tell us your interests in 2017 and/or 2018 cruises
Click here to go tell us if you have any interest in either of the above proposed cruises. All who complete the survey will receive a $10 discount code for any Genealogy ebooks purchase of $20 or more by 31 October 2015.
Book or register your interest in the currently booking cruises
updated August 2015 to reflect revised numbering of cruises from here on.
- 9th Unlock the Past cruise – 2 night short cruise out of Brisbane – from 8 December 2015
- 10th Unlock the Past cruise – 18 nights from Auckland to Fremantle taking in various New Zealand and Australian ports – from 14 February 2016
only one inside cabin (cheapest available) left in our allocation
- 11th Unlock the Past cruise – 7 nights from Brisbane to the Barrier Reef – from 6 March 2016
- 12th Unlock the Past cruise – 7 nights Rhine river from Amsterdam to Basel – from 31 July 2016
Register your interest or book early to ensure the best choice of cabin.
- Book any future UTP cruise during 2015 – AND subscribe to our email newsletter – to be in our draw for AU$6000 worth of prizes
- Are you a solo cruiser? You can save by sharing a cabin. Click here for further information.
See us at an event in your state
- 22 Aug – Family History Seminar, Christies Beach, SA
- 11-13 Sep – NSW & ACT Association of FHS conference, Port Macquarie, NSW
- 3-4 Oct – In Time & Place: Queensland family & local history conference, Brisbane, Qld
- 17 Oct – VAFHO – Family History Expo, Seymour, Vic
- 31 Oct – Western Victoria seminar, Horsham, Vic – details to come
Alan Phillips and the Unlock the Past team