6th cruise … and other updates
Eastern Australia cruise (6th UTP cruise) – October 2014
We are reviewing three candidate Eastern Australia cruise itineraries – seven and eleven night Barrier Reef cruises and a three night themed cruise out of Sydney. We expect to decide on this and open for bookings late November or early December.
- Click here to learn more
- Click here to tell us your preferences
Cruises open for bookings
- Southern Australia cruise (4th UTP cruise) – 9 nights 4-13 Feb 2014 (limited places left)
Join 250 others in our biggest and best cruise to date. A varied program is planned with leading presenters from five countries – around 100 topics in all in 50 session time slots from 25 presenters from England, Scotland, the US, Australia and New Zealand.
- British Isles discovery cruise (5th UTP cruise) – 10 nights 19-29 July 2014 on Marco Polo. This cruise opened with a rush of bookings – over 50 people in the first two weeks. Book soon – we have a limit of 70 cabins (about 120 people)
- Southern Western Australia cruise (7th UTP cruise) 5 nights – 19-24 January 2015 from Fremantle, WA on the Astor. Now open for booking. More detail to come but we can announce our featured presenter will be Dr Richard Reid, one of the foremost military and Irish historians in Australia. Other speakers committed to date are Mike Murray, Dr Lesley Silvester, Helen Smith and Eric and Rosemary Kopittke.
More cruises planned
Click here for more information
- Baltic cruise (8th UTP cruise) – from England or Europe, visiting northern Europe, and Scandinavia
12-14 nights mid 2015. We are considering two different Baltic cruises
- mid June 2015 (1st Baltic cruise)
- late August 2015 (2nd Baltic cruise)
- Transatlantic relocation cruise UK/Europe to the US (9th or 10th UTP cruise) – probably with a migration theme
12-14 nights late 2015 (10th or 11th) Unlock the Past cruise
- Australian-New Zealand cruise (10th or 11th UTP cruise) 12-18 nights, possibly March 2016 – very likely one way Auckland to Sydney or Auckland to Fremantle
A European river cruise? England to Australia? an Australia top end cruise? – Click here for more information. Tell us what you would like – with our future cruises survey.
FREE WA cruise information meeting – on a cruise ship!
Click here for details and bookings
If you are in Western Australia why not join us for an Unlock the Past cruises info day in WA
Book now to be sure of a place, especially if you want to join us for the optional lunch onboard lunch (cost $25)
This is a unique opportunity to meet others who will be on the cruise, see the very ship we will be on for the 7th cruise (cabins, meeting and dining areas etc.), learn more about all of our planned cruises, ask questions from Astor people – and us. If you have never been on cruise ship before, here is your chance to check one out – FREE. And for $25 you can check out the food too – if you are one of the first 30 people to book the lunch option.
Chris Paton and Thomas MacEntee Downunder – a seven city roadshow
If you can’t come on the 4th cruise you can still hear the leading cruise speakers in a city near you. Click here for details and booking (click on your nearest city in the menu at the left).
A cruise hangout?
Have you experienced a Google Hangout? We are planning a regular program of Hangouts on Air, starting we hope in early December as an information session on the 4th cruise. If we confirm this we will post further notice in our Unlock the Past, Gould and cruise email newsletters.
Unlock the Past Cruise T-shirts
Why not make yourself known as a ‘genealogy cruiser’ by wearing an Unlock the Past Cruise t-shirt. These are generic to our cruises, not specific to the 4th cruise. Click here for descriptions, images and links to order. deadline to order in time for the 4th cruise 1 December 2013.
Unlock the Past cruises in the media
We have added a page listing the known mentions of the 4th and other cruises in blogs, newsletters and elsewhere. Check it out – they are interesting to read and some have advice to help you prepare. And let us know if you do a post yourself or see others we have not listed.
Keep in touch and follow cruise developments and discussions with our occasional cruise newsletters and Facebook page.
Alan Phillips and the Unlock the Past team