Announcing the 13th Unlock the Past cruise
10 night cruise from Brisbane to Papua New Guinea
10 nights 28 July–7 August 2017
on Pacific Aria
price: from AU$2099 twin share
13th cruise cruise website
An exciting new cruise featuring:
- a completely different kind of itinerary – to Papua and New Guinea and and its islands, one of the emerging and exciting new cruise destinations.
- a 10 night cruise providing a balanced schedule:
- 4 days at sea – lots of time for our usual wide ranging conference
- 5 days in ports and/or around islands – great sightseeing and fascinating shore excursions
- some of the best conference facilities of any ship we have seen – we will have two of the Pacific Aria‘s three conference rooms available for our exclusive use for the entire cruise.
- a conference program headed by Dr Tom Lewis, one of Australia’s foremost Pacific war historians and authors, supported by other recognised experts. The program will have around 40 talks, mostly in a single stream.
- a special WWII Pacific War stream. 2017 will be the 75th anniversary of the Pacific war coming to both Australia and New Guinea. 1942 was the year:
- the Japanese attacked the Australian mainland (including Darwin and Broome by air and Sydney by submarines)
- the Japanese attacked New Guinea including Rabaul and Milne Bay (places visited by this cruise) and the Kokoda Trail
- of Battle of the Coral Sea, the first time the Japanese were checked in their relentless southward advance
Cruise bonuses and loyalty rewards
- onboard spending money $50 per passenger (maximum $100 per cabin).
- up to $660 in cruise bonuses and loyalty rewards. Click here for details.
- entry into the draw for hundreds of $$$ worth of prizes on the cruise.
- until Friday 15 January 2016 only – entry into the draw for $6000 worth of prizes. All who book any future Unlock the Past cruise in 2015 and early January 2016 will be in the draw to win a future Unlock the Past cruise up to AU$2500 value – or one of 12 additional prizes – $6000 for cruises booked during 2015. Click here for details.
Ciaran, who handles group bookings for our travel agent, Clean Cruising, is available during the Christmas – New Year break and the New Year, apart from public holidays, to take your bookings or expressions of interest.
If you are a solo traveller
- we can nearly always find a partner to share a cabin with to help with costs – if you are open to sharing with someone (of the same sex). For more information on this see our blog post Are you a solo cruiser?. The earlier you register your interest in sharing the better the chance of finding a share partner.
- if you are travelling on your own and don’t wish to share a cabin the single supplement on this cruise is lower than it often is on other cruises – on inside and ocean view cabins.
Full details of this cruise are available on the 13th cruise website.
Late opportunity to book 2016 cruises
Yesterday (22 Dec) we were advised that there were still a very small number of cabins available at reasonable prices on the following cruises:
- 10th Unlock the Past cruise – New Zealand-Australia cruise, one way from Auckland to Fremantle (Perth) taking in various New Zealand and Australian ports. 18 nights from 14 February 2016 — extra benefits up to AU$820
- 11th Unlock the Past cruise — 7 nights from Brisbane to the Barrier Reef from 6 March 2016 — extra benefits up to AU$660
- 12th Unlock the Past cruise — Rhine river cruise – 7 nights from 31 July 2016 along the Rhine from Amsterdam to Basel — extra benefits up to AU$1000
Land seminars with cruise speakers
If you are unable to join us on our February-March cruises, there is still opportunity to hear our leading cruise presenters in one of 9 cities in New Zealand and Australia during February and March 2016
Judy Russell and Paul Blake downunder (and some others)
February-March 2016 – seminar series website. Click on your nearest city for full details and booking form.
Power up your local and family history research – seminar for Northern Queenslanders
Cairns – Thu 10 Mar 2016
And for South Australians who may feel left out mark 7-8 October 2016 in your calendar for an even bigger event – a two-day history and genealogy expo.
Alan Phillips and the Unlock the Past cruises team