And the winner is …
Unlock the Past cruises is delighted to announce the 13 winners of a prize pool totalling $6000 – from a draw from all those who made a UTP cruise booking between 1 January 2015 and 18 January 2016 – AND who subscribed to our cruises newsletter. Click here for full details and conditions relating to this prize draw.
- a FREE CRUISE up to the value of AU$2500
— Geoff Doherty (QLD)
- 3 cruise discount vouchers valued at AU$500 each
— Graham Chinner (ACT)
— Kaye Cole (VIC)
— George Kearney (QLD)
- 3 cruise discount vouchers valued at AU$200 each
— Jacqueline Kearney (QLD)
— James Morran (SA)
— Janet Morran (SA)
- 4 cruise discount vouchers valued at AU$100 each
— Marg Doherty (QLD)
— Suzanne Ridgway (WA)
— Trevor Ridgway (WA)
— Bruce Williams (NSW)
- a cruise discount voucher from Clean Cruising valued at AU$500
(for any Unlock the Past cruise booked with Clean Cruising)
— Jeannette Whalen (NSW)
- a cruise discount voucher from Royal Caribbean valued at AU$500
(for any Unlock the Past cruise on a Royal Caribbean or Celebrity ship)
— Janet Teale (ACT)
Prizes are from Unlock the Past unless otherwise noted. We will shortly contact all prize winners personally with advice on how to claim their prize on the future cruise.
Special congratulations to Geoff Doherty as the winner of the major prize up to AU$2500 value. Geoff and Marg (who also won a prize) have done many of our cruises, so this is a fitting reward. Congratulations also to the other prize winners, some of them frequent cruisers, others first timers with us.
A note on the Royal Caribbean voucher. The only cruise currently booking that this voucher could be used on is the 11th cruise to the Barrier Reef – next month. There is no commitment at this stage to further cruises on Royal Caribbean ships, but if we do more after 2017 it is very likely they will be on Royal Caribbean ships, especially our major cruises.
Cruises coming up
- 11th Unlock the Past cruise — 7 nights from Brisbane to the Barrier Reef from 6 March 2016 — extra benefits up to AU$660. This cruise is just one month away, but there are still a small number of places available at reasonable prices. We also have someone interested in finding a female partner to share with her. Contact Alan email@example.com or Ciaran Ciaran@globenettravel.com.au if you are interested sharing a cabin to save.
- 12th Unlock the Past cruise — Rhine river cruise – 7 nights from 31 July 2016 along the Rhine from Amsterdam to Basel — extra benefits up to AU$1000. Just 4 cabins left in our allocation.
- 13th Unlock the Past cruise — 10 nights from Brisbane to Papua New Guinea from 28 July 2017 — extra benefits up to AU$660. Recently announced. P&O are currently offering up to 5 incredible inclusions — until 25 February 2016 — on this Click here for full offer details.
More cruises 2018 – 2019?
Although no commitment is made at this stage to further cruises, the following are the most likely if we do more – based on feedback from recent surveys
- 2018 – Alaska – 7 nights out of Seattle
- 2019 – Asia – one way relocation cruise from Australia to either Singapore or Hong Kong
We may also consider occasional shorter cruises from regional Australian cities – to provide an alternative for those who do not want the cost and time out for the longer international cruises. These would be shorter duration – probably from 4 to 7 nights and lower cost. These could be from Adelaide (a possibility for 2017), Melbourne, Fremantle or Sydney.
We have 10 Unlock the Past events planned for this year. We hope to see many of you at one of these.
- Judy Russell and Paul Blake downunder – 8 seminars in 8 cities during February and March, starting in just over a week in Auckland, followed by Wellington, Christchurch, Dunedin, Sydney, Melbourne, Perth and Brisbane
- Power up your local and family history research – seminar for Northern Queenslanders Thursday 10 March
- History & Genealogy Expo Adelaide 2016 7-8 October – 2 days of exhibition and presentations
Alan Phillips and the Unlock the Past cruises team